• I require resources for

  • with

FDAMH (Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health(

FDAMH has a wide range of services and support available to those living the Falkirk district who are experiencing  mental and emotional distress.  For young people FDAMH is currently able to offer a free counselling service to anyone aged 14 – 18 years for which you can self-refer by contacting FDAMH for an application pack.

CSE- The Signs

A website created for the Scottish Government in order to prevent and tackle child sexual exploitation.

CEOP – ThinkUknow

The CEOP protect children from harm online and offline, and their guide to internet safety and safe surfing for young people is on their website as part of the ’ThinkUknow’ campaign

Heart to Heart

Support for young people affected by parental divorce and separation. Facebook Page: H2H

Gilmorehill (and Garscube) campus counselling service (Glasgow University)

Counselling and Psychological Services offer a confidential space for individuals to explore and reflect on issues without being judged, and to help them to develop ways of overcoming their difficulties. If you feel you need support or advice, please register for an assessment using the online form.

Dumfries campus counselling service (Glasgow University)

The Counselling Service at Dumfries Campus exists to support Glasgow university students in their emotional well-being and development throughout your University career.

Student Services (Glasgow University)

The website has some how-to guides (http://www.gla.ac.uk/students/sset/guides) and the help desk, on the first floor of the Fraser Building, is a useful first port of call for any registration and financial questions. Email: studentservices@glasgow.ac.uk

Student learning service (Glasgow University)

Provides assistance with writing and learning support.  Has writing support for postgraduates


A confidential information and listening service for University of Glasgow students.  Open 7pm-7am nightly during term time. Can also be reached by email: asknightline@src.gla.ac.uk or instant messaging via the website

SRC advice centre (Glasgow University)

Free and confidential advice for Glasgow university students on a wide range of subjects including taxes, finances and financial support, housing and employment rights, and academic problems such as appeals, complaints and conduct issues.

Stirling Youth Services

Provides a range of services for young people

Family Support and Community Childcare (Stirling Council)

Provide a range of services to help families and children

Falkirk Youth Club

Contact Falkirk Council Community Education on 01324 504 260 for more information.

Park Street community Education Centre, Falkirk

Community centre used by Central Scotland Regional Equality Concil, Citizens Advice bureau, Falkirk food bank and learn direct

Quiet Waters Charitable Trust

Quiet Trust offers Bereavement support and unplanned pregnancy support

Addictions Support and Counselling (ASC) Forth Valley

Provides individual counseling and community rehabilitation for people affected by alcohol and/or drug misuse. There are offices in Falkirk and Stirling

Family Mediation Central Scotland

Not-for-profit organisation working with families across the Forth Valley area who are experiencing the effects of domestic violence, separation, divorce and family breakdown.

Raploch Community Partnership

A community led organisation which aims to help people of the area and community to realise their potential through activities, training and work.

Stirling Carers Centre

Stirling Carers Centre provides information, advice and support to unpaid carers of all ages throughout the Stirling Council area.

Young Persons Drug and Alcohol Service Stirling and Falkirk (Barnardos Freagarrach Project)

Provides support to young people who are experiencing difficulties with alcohol or drugs.

LGBT Youth Scotland (Stirling)

Provides support and advice to young people. LGBT Scotland Helpline is available Tuesday and Wednesday 12pm-9pm

Home-Start (Stirling)

Offers friendly, informal support to families who are experiencing some kind of stress and/or crisis.

Callander Youth Project

Aims to improve the quality of life of young people in Callander and the surrounding rural area by delivering a wide range of activities for young people, including youth clubs, after-school study support, job club and our SQA accredited Steps to Work Programme

Buggy Walk Bridge of Allan

Free buggy walk every Wednesday morning 10.30-11.30am. Meet at Airthrey Park Medical Centre, University of Stirling, Hermitage Road, Stirling.

Allan Park South Church

Services include: Bairns’ Rock Group – Music and play group for babies and preschool children and their carers
The Brig Project – Inter-generational singing, bringing together babies, children and older people
Celebrate Reconnection – Finding real help in overcoming our hurts, habits and hang-ups.
OIKOS Cafe – Church and community cafe open to everyone – support groups, job club, book group, library etc.
Cap Job Club – Help with getting out of unemployment and into work.
Boys Brigade – fun, games and activities for boys and girls p1-p7. An alternative phone number is 07791524504

Artlink Central

Is an arts agency working across Central Scotland, engaging artists in communities. Has a focus on developing evidence-based practice in the following areas, Arts and Health, Arts and Disability, Arts in Prisons and Arts and Young People. Email: info@artlinkcentral.org

Barnardo’s Oxgang Family Support Services

Barnardos’ children’s services helps children in poverty, support young carers and help families looking to foster or adopt a child

Barnardos (BO’ness)

Barnardos’ children’s services helps children in poverty, support young carers and help families looking to foster or adopt a child

Families need Fathers Scotland

For the relief of parents and their children and other close family members who are suffering from the consequences of divorce or separation by providing advice, assistance and other support. Holds regular meetings in Glasgow and Renfrewshire. The number for the national helpline is: 03000300363

Big Noise

An orchestra programme that aims to use music making to foster confidence, teamwork, pride and aspiration in the children taking part

East Renfrewshire CAMHS Team

Tier 3 Support for young people experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems

Social Work Request for Assistance Team (East Renfrewshire)

Vulnerable Children and their families identified by their Named Person or another professional, as requiring additional supports to promote their health and wellbeing and to reduce levels of vulnerability.

Social Work (Glasgow South)

Targeted Service for vulnerable children at risk of harm

South West Glasgow and East Renfrewshire CAMHS Team

Tier 3 Support for young people experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems

The Carers Centre

Supports parents and also young carers with care needs but also can offer mental health support, guidance and advice

Home-Start (Renfrewshire)

Volunteers with parenting experience provide practical support for families.
The family must have a child under the age of 5.

Partners in Advocacy

A service for young people aged 0– 18 in Greater Glasgow and Clyde area. Email: glasgow@partnersinadvocacy.org.uk

Renfrewshire Youth Employability Team

The Renfrewshire Youth Employability Service provides local young people aged 16-25 with access to a range of employability focussed activities including: training, personal development courses, money Advice, counselling, CV Workshops, interview skills and job opportunities

Income Maximisation Service (East Renfrewshire)

This East Renfrewshire Council service will support individuals to identify if they are entitled to extra benefits or financial support.

East Renfrewshire Carers Centre

Supports parents and also young carers with care needs but can also offer mental health support, guidance and advice

Young Carers Project East Renfrewshire

Supports the mental health of young people who care for a parent.

Young Person with Significant Substance Use issue

Refer to HSCP Request for Assistance Team.

Hamish Allan Centre

Staff within the Hamish Allan Centre will provide advice and information on homelessness issues and, where necessary, arrange temporary accommodation. Arrangements will then be made for you to be seen by the appropriate Community Casework Service to manage your case. The Hamish Allan Centre also provides assistance to people who may be unable to use their homes due to an emergency such as flooding, fire or where the building would be dangerous to live in. This centre is open from 4.00pm to 9.00am Monday to Friday. Open 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. There is a free telephone contact number to assist customers wishing to make enquiries.

Wellbeing Services, South Glasgow – Covering South of Glasgow City

Offer a variety of short term help to people over 18 years of age in South of Glasgow City who have, or suffer from common mental health problems, such as stress and low mood. For confidential help and understanding, call the Pathways team.

Link up – Glasgow Homelessness services

Open 365 days a year, this service aims to provide 24-hour assessment and advice related to homelessness and addiction.

Glasgow Emergency Social Work Service

This service (apart from in North and South Lanarkshire) provides an emergency 24 hours social work service by way of counselling and intervention to relieve situations of acute risk. The service deals with referrals which are too urgent to await action by Social Work Services offices when they reopen.

South Community Housing Team

If a young person is at risk of becoming homeless or is homeless. This team has a range of housing options. An alternative number is: 0141 276 6180

Glasgow South East Carers Centre

Provides emotional support and income maximisation to all those caring for a young person.

Young Minds Parents Help Line

Offers guidance and support to parents worried about their child’s mental health. The helpline is open Mon-Fri 9.30 – 4.00pm

Positive Parenting Program

Supporting Parents who struggle to manage the behaviour of their children. Email: centralparentingteam@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

GAMH Young Carers Project

Supports the mental health of young people who care for a parent

Ypeople CALM Project

Counselling, groupwork and advocacy for young people with low level mental health difficulties


Barnardos offer a range of support for young people and their families, working in areas including advocacy, alcohol and substance use, fostering and adoption services, vocational training and helping children in poverty and vulnerable situations.

Royal College of Psychiatrists

The Royal College of Psychiatrist’s provides free information on the ‘useful information’ section of their website. This includes leaflets about mental health diagnosis and treatment information sheets.

Scottish Refugee Council

The Scottish Refugee Council provides advice and support to refugees in Scotland, including information on housing, education and health. They also provide specific family based supports for families with young people.

Cedar Project Glasgow

Cedar Glasgow is a group work inspired model, for children who have experienced domestic abuse. The groups aim to give young people the opportunity to explore feelings and access support. They accept self referral and referral from parents.


BipolarUK offer support and information specifically for young people, to support individuals with a diagnosis of Bipolar, their families and carers. They offer an online community for support as well as email support.

Young Minds

Young minds are a leading charity for young people and families, who provide information about mental health and emotional wellbeing, including depression, anxiety, ADHD and other mental health disorders. Their website Headmeds, (www.headmeds.org.uk), provides information and advice around medication.


Offers advice and information around alcohol and drug use for young people. Drinkline gives information if you want to talk to someone.

Volunteer Scotland

National centre for volunteering

Heal the Whole of Me

Provides information and signposting to services and supports relating to mental health and wellbeing

Action for Children

Provides different services to support young people, disabled children and children in care

See Me Scotland End Mental Health Discrimination

See Me is Scotland’s national programme to end mental health stigma and discrimination. Email: info@seemescotland.org

Parents Enquiry Scotland

Parents Enquiry Scotland offers support to parents of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people across Scotland. Confidential help lines are operated by parents. Email: parentsenquiry@hotmail.com

Citizens Advice Bureau

For financial advice, welfare assistance and help to complete benefit forms

Psychology of Parenting Project (3 – 4 years of age)

Parenting classes aimed at those looking after 3 and 4 year olds who are struggling to manage.  (HSCP Health Improvement Team)

ENABLE Local Area Coordinators

The local area coordinators will offer parenting support and guidance to families whose child has an additional support need or a disability.

Respect Me

Scotland’s anti-bullying service, provides information for children and young people about how to cope with bullying, and information about seeking help for cyberbullying.


Website gives practical information, tools and activities to respond helpfully to troubling behaviour and to help children and young people to flourish. Email: handson@nhs.net

The Princess Royal Trust for Carers

Is connected to a unique network of local carers centers. Some of the ways these centres provide support is by giving information and advice, running support schemes for young carers and providing access to breaks, etc.

Triple P

Provides information about the ‘Positive Parenting Programme’ (Triple P)

Young Carers Network

Provides information about young carers especially for parents and carers and links to organisations who can help

G15 Youth Project

The G15 Youth Project provides information, advice and support to young people living in Drumchapel aged 12 – 25 and is managed by the young people themselves. Email: mail@g15yp.co.uk

East Dunbartonshire Primary Care Mental Health Team

Aims to provide information and support to enable people to work through any emotional health difficulties they may have, and to improve their overall health and wellbeing. An alternative number is: 0141 232 8203

North West Glasgow Primary Care Mental Health Team

The Service supports people, aged 16 and over, who have common mental health problems, such as anxiety, stress, adjustment and depression, or are at risk of developing them. An alternative number is: 0141 435 4340

Parent Network Scotland (PNS)

PNS run workshops, co-ordinate support groups and provide training tailored to meet the needs of parents in communities across Scotland

3D Drumchapel

A charity based in Drumchapel in the West of Glasgow working with children and families providing a range of activities and support. Email: sharoncolvin@3ddrumchapel.org.uk

Sleep Scotland

Supports families of children and young people with additional support needs and sleep problems, through services such as sleep counseling and training. Email: enquiries@sleepscotland.org

Right Click

Right Click is a service for parents or carers of individuals with Autism who are in particular need of information and support. Email: rightclick@scottishautism.org

Stop Now and Plan (SNAP)

SNAP is a cognitive-behavioural strategy for children with conduct and behavioural problems. Weekly group sessions for children and parents are available (groups run concurrently).

Notre Dame Centre

Provides a range of service to vulnerable children and families, including Play Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), etc. Email: info@notredamecentre.org.uk

Youth Health Services

The YHS is a health service for young people aged between 12 and 19. Examples of services provided include talking to a counsellor, getting advice about a drinking or drugs problem and seeing a doctor or nurse.


COPE provides a range of services to individuals and groups, including one-one work, workshops, training and advice to agencies. Email: info@cope-scotland.org.uk

ADHD Parent Support West Glasgow

ADHD Parent Support West Glasgow is a parent-led group, set up to support families with a child diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

Young Scot LawLine

Aged 11-25? Get free, confidential, 24-hour legal advice with the Young Scot LawLine. Call 0808 801 0801 and speak to a lawyer at JC Hughes Solicitors. They are available to help answer any question or case in a straight-forward and helpful way to make sure you get the support you need.

Young Scot

The Young Scot InfoLine is a free and confidential phone service. It has information on a range of topics including money, health and the arts, as well as answering questions like “How do I get my first passport?” or “What age can I get a tattoo?”

Children 1st Free Parentline

Parentline provide help and support for parents to assist with vulnerable young people, as well as all parents. Their support includes help with befriending, kinship carers, and many other useful services.

Multiple Sclerosis Society

The MS Society provides a web based and telephone service to individuals with MS. They offer information and emotional support to individuals with MS, in addition to benefits guidance and advice about the best care for individuals with MS. They also have a free helpline that can be reached at: 0808 800 8000

Alzheimer Scotland

Alzheimer Scotland provides a wide range of services for individuals with dementia and their families and carers. They provide information and advice at every stage of dementia, community activities in your local area in addition to personalised support services.

MND Scotland

MND Scotland provides support for individuals with Motor Neuron Disease and their families. They offer a range of services including information about MND, financial support and advice about entitlement to benefits. They also provide emotional support to individuals with MND by running local peer support groups.

Parkinson’s UK

Parkinson’s UK supports individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and their families via their web based and telephone services. They provide up-to-date information on Parkinson’s, information about benefits and help with the application process. In addition, they provide emotional support to individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and their families and connect individuals with Parkinson’s disease through local groups and peer support services.

The Scottish Law Centre

The Scottish Law Centre provides free legal support for young people and their families across the whole of Scotland, by providing free legal advice and information through their advice line, email and website.

workbook2.pdf workbook4.pdf workbook3.pdf

Youth Community Support Agency

Mental health support for young people from ethnic minority backgrounds.

The National Association for Children of Alcoholics

Addresses the needs of children growing up in families where one or both parents suffer from alcoholism or a similar addictive problem. This includes children of all ages, many of whose problems only become apparent in adulthood.

Wynd Youth Counselling Service

Youth counselling is available to those from 11 – 15 years of age. An alternative phone number is: 0141 887 4647. Email: karen.m@thewynd.org.uk

Recovery Across Mental Health [East Renfrewshire]

Provides counselling and emotional support to young people as well as a range of other services.

ED Primary Care Mental Health Team

Aims to provide information and support to enable people to work through emotional health difficulties they may have, and to improve their overall health and wellbeing. An alternative number is: 0141 232 8203

NW Glasgow Primary Care Mental Health Team

The Service supports people, aged 16 and over, who have common mental health problems, such as anxiety, stress, adjustment and depression, or are at risk of developing them. An alternative number is: 0141 435 4340

Glasgow Association for Mental Health

Offers a social care service to people experiencing, or recovering from, mental ill health and related issues and their carers. This includes home support, carers support groups, volunteer befriending scheme, housing support service etc. Email: youngcarers@gamh.org.uk


Lifeline provides services to both youth and adults, in the form of one to one support and group programs. Mentoring is also available for young people.


Counselling at Sandyford Clinics involves weekly or fortnightly appointments which last for 50 minutes. The appointments are at a regular time and with the same Counsellor. All the Counsellors working within Sandyford are fully qualified and work from a variety of theoretical approaches, such as Person Centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

OCD Action

OCD Action is an organisation who provide information and support about OCD. They feel young people with OCD should be able to discuss their difficulties and access help easily.

Get Connected

Get Connected is a free confidential helpline for young people under 25 who need help with self harm and to support their physical and emotional wellbeing.


Papyrus exist to give young people hope and support young people who are contemplating suicide. They also provide confidential support and advice to anyone worried about a young person.


MIND believe no one should face mental health alone, and Mind will help you make choices about treatment, understand your rights or reach out to sources of support.


CALM provide support for males who are down or suffering from suicidal thoughts. They offer support and advice to prevent suicide.


Beat offer help and advice for young people experiencing an eating disorder and additional support and advice for their families. They do this by challenging the stereotypes and stigma that people with eating disorders face. They provide information and support for young people.

The Samaritans

Samaritans offer advice and counselling for young people and adults, they can help you explore your options, understand your problems better or just be there to listen. They have local telephone numbers available on their website.

Autism Resource Centre

The Autism Resource Centre (ARC) is a partnership between Glasgow City Council, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, The National Autistic Society, Scottish Autism and Strathclyde Autistic Society. ARC provides information and one-to-one guidance for both adults and children with Autism as well as support for families. Email: sw_infoarc@glasgow.gov.uk. An alternative number is : 07810 853 246

Strathclyde Autistic Society

Offers pre and post diagnostic support and advice to families and individuals affected by ASD and assists families in dealing with health boards, educational psychologists, local councils, etc. Email: Graham.Anderson@no-smtp.glasgow.gov.uk


Momentum’s services support a wide range of people including those with a brain injury, spinal injury, mental health difficulty, physical or learning disability in areas of employment and training, job retention and community rehabilitation. The organization also provides social care and supported living services to people in their own homes.

The British Voice Association

The British Voice Association support people with vocal problems by providing information and advice through the ‘Ask the BVA’ service, information leaflets and their online directory of voice clinics in the UK.

The British Stammering Association

The British Stammering Association provides an impartial phone and web based service for individuals who stammer and their relatives. They provide supportive advice and resources and connect individuals who stammer through social media and local self-help groups.

Sydenhams Chorea Association

The Sydenhams Chorea Association provides information and support to young people affected by the condition, their families and wider support. Email: info@sydenhamschorea.org.uk

The National Autistic Society

The National Autistic Society is the leading UK charity for people with autism and their families. They provide information, support and pioneering services, and campaign for a better world for people with autism.


Mencap is an easy way to access help and support for young people with learning disability and also provides support for their families.


Enquire are a Scottish advice service for additional support learning. If a family or an individual feels that a child or young person needs extra help to get the most from their learning, they can help.

Tourette Scotland

Tourette Scotland provide information and advice for young people, school and families, for young people with Tourettes. They bring together information to better support individuals and help them access help.

Depression In Teenagers

An online resource providing information about Depression, as well as relaxation techniques and further resources.


Online resource designed to help young people solve emotional difficulties.


Childline helps anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. Chat to a skilled counsellor online in a 1-2-1 session any time you want.  Sign up to start talking.

Mindfulness Daily

Simple phone app that incorporates mindfulness into daily life.

Smiling Mind

A modern mindfulness tool for young people that encourages meditation and positive mental wellbeing.


An online tool that provides personalised insights about your mental wellbeing based on the information you provide.


Digital resource aimed to improve the mental wellbeing of young people as well as support parents and clinical staff.

Breathing Space

Breathing space is a free, confidential phone and web based service for people in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety. They provide a safe and supportive space by listening, offering advice and information. You can self refer to NHS Living Life – which is a free self help service for people suffering from depression, anxiety or any other mental health problem.


Sandyford offer free sexual advice, including contraceptive services. They also provide specific information and support regarding gender identity, pregnancy, STIs and brief alcohol interventions.

NHS 24

NHS 24 is an online and out-of-hours phone service providing the Scottish people with access to health advice and information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

NHS Inform

The NHS inform helpline can give you further information on illnesses and health conditions, NHS services and other support services available in your area. To contact the helpline please phone 0800 22 44 88 (8am to 10pm, 7 days).

Sandyford Barrhead Health Centre

Local drop in and counselling service to support young people with their sexual health.

The Place

Young People’s Service for treatment, advice and also counselling in relation to their physical health.


Provides health advice and counselling to young LGBT women.

LGBT Youth Scotland

Provides support both in the form of group and individual work.

Young Persons Housing Team [East Renfrewshire]

If a young person is homeless, this council service will help them to access safe accommodation.

Cruse Bereavement UK

Cruse will help young people to cope after the death of someone close.

Young Persons Services [East Renfrewshire]

If a young person is socially isolated within their community East Renfrewshire Council’s Young Persons Service has a range of resources to support young people both in and out of school.

Turning Point

Turning Point offer a range of help and information, including help with alcohol and drug use, learning disability and a range of mental health problems. This includes crisis services, help with employment and housing.

Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre

The Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre is a service provided by Turning Point Scotland for people with drug misuse problems. Within the centre there is a 24 hour support and advice, needle exchange and support service. No referral is necessary. Residential beds are also available for people who are assessed as not managing in the community.

Family Support Services [Stirling]

A service in Stirling offering support to families affected by drug and alcohol misuse.

Barnardos Freagarrach Project

Provides support to young people who are experiencing difficulties with alcohol or drugs.

NHS Youth Alcohol and Drugs Service

Provides advice and support to all health and social services. It also offers a direct treatment function to known patients of GPs, NHS Community Adolescent Mental Health Services, and specialist residential services (James Shields Project, and Ar Caladh) residing within NHS Greater Glasgow catchment area who are vulnerable as a result of alcohol and/or drugs misuse/dependence and who are aged from 12 to 18 years.


FRANK is a national drug education service providing information on legal and illegal drugs. If you want to talk, you can call FRANK, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Freedom Charity

Freedom Charity support young people who are at risk of forced marriage, female genital mutation, physical and sexual abuse.

Stop The Traffic

Stop the Traffic provide support and legal information for people who have been or are at risk of being trafficked.

Open Secret

Abuse support in Stirling, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire. Provides confidential support to individuals and families whose lives have been impacted by childhood abuse or trauma, and work with survivors of all ages.

Clackmannanshire Women’s Aid

Provides information, support and safe refuge accommodation to abused women and their children.

Falkirk and District Women’s Aid

Supports women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.

Stirling and District Women’s Aid

Provides support to women and their children who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.

Child Protection Department (NHS)

Provides support for children and young people who are at risk of significant harm and need protecting. This includes harm from physical, emotional or sexual abuse and neglect.

AMIS – Abused Men In Scotland

Offers a range of support for men experiencing any form of domestic abuse

Children 1st

Helps families to put children first, with practical advice and with support in difficult times. Supports survivors of abuse, neglect, and other traumatic events in childhood, to recover.

Renfrewshire Woman’s Aid

Provide emotional support, advocacy and confidential secure accommodation for women, and their children, who are experiencing domestic abuse. Email: info@renfrewshirewomensaid.co.uk

Women & Children First

Practical and emotional support to women and children who have experienced or been affected by domestic abuse (including physical and emotional abuse), rape, sexual assault, and/or child sexual abuse.

East Renfrewshire Domestic Abuse Project

Young Persons Team can provide one to one support and therapeutic support. Other services offered include: helpline/drop-in service, safe accommodation and outreach services

Glasgow Women’s Aid Young People’s Outreach

Glasgow Women’s Aid provides support and information for women, children and young people experiencing domestic abuse, as well as safe temporary accommodation.

Hemat Gryffe Women’s Aid

Provides support for women and young people from ethnic groups who have experienced abuse


Archway is a rape and sexual assault centre in Glasgow. You can phone Archway yourself or be referred by your G.P., police, or other agency: Tel 0141 211 8175. A female doctor will offer to examine you, take forensic evidence and check you for STIs. Everything will be kept completely confidential. Police will only be informed if you agree. This service is only available if sexual assault or rape happened in past 7 days.

Rape Crisis Scotland

Rape Crisis Scotland’s helpline offers free and confidential support and information by phone or email. It is for anyone, women and men, affected by sexual violence, no matter when or how it happened. They can also put you in touch with local rape crisis centres or other services if you need longer-term support. The helpline has a minicom service for Deaf or hard of hearing people. The minicom number is 0141 353 3091. They can also arrange for language interpreters if your first language is not English.


NSPCC are a children’s charity dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty. They offer confidential help and support to any young person experiencing emotional, physical or sexual abuse. Access details about their ‘ShareAware’ campaign on https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/share-aware/

Cedar Project

The Cedar program is service for those who have experienced domestic abuse. It takes place over 12 weeks and provides support for children, young people and their mothers. Families can self-refer or be referred by their G.P/social worker/named person etc. There are Cedar projects located across Scotland